Friday, July 2, 2010

ANNOUNCING

************
THE NURSERY IS BUILT
Pearl Guineas ( I have 8 of this color )
Pied Pearl Guineas (I have Two of this color )
Pied Lavender Guinea ( have 1 maybe 2 )

Bourbon red Turkeys Tom and Hen Picture of what they will look like all grown up !

Buff Orpingtons Rooster and hen pictured ( Pretty picture but the real thing look much different ! I'll get pics up ASAP ! )

















Royal Palms ( Toms )

















Brown Leghorns ( Rooster )

















Bourbon Red Turkeys



This is kinda what my Buff Orpington Chickens and Rooster look like. They are VERY pretty and friendly and HUGE ! My Rooster weighs 12 lbs and the biggest hen weighs about 8 lbs. Rooster stands 2 and 1/4 ft high and is just the sweetest. ( We named them after our favorite characters on the HBO show TRUE BLOOD. We have SAM ( Rooster ) Sookie, Tara and Urlene ( Hens ) !



The Black and White Turkeys are Royal Palms and rare, I have a set on order in August ! They are BEAUTIFUL but smaller than the gorgeous Bourbon Reds. Very friendly ( They tell me, I will find out soon ! LOL )



What my Brown Leghorn Roosters will look like ! ( Males )The females are beautiful too with salmon colored breasts. Very pretty chickens and white egg layers. GREAT Mommas and very friendly.


What My Bourbon Red Heritage Turkey Poults will turn out to look like ! This is a TOM ( Male ) pictured. ( The Brownish red turkey with white tail feathers...they are so beautiful !! Most prized turkeys for farmers who love heritage turkeys. I can see why our three poults LOVE my husband and I and think we are thier Mommy and Daddy. They LOVE affection and I play with them all day. ( Along with all the other babies we are raising right now ! LOL )



The Pearl , Pied Pearl and Lavendar Pied Guineas are very skittish, we have alot of work to do with them. They were purchased strictly for the flys ticks and bugs we have around the ranch. They will take care of all the bugs for us. They also eat the MILLET we have planted in the feild for our horses and chickens and turkeys..and them too ! They are GREAT Watch Dogs...LOL NOBODY comes on the property without them running out to meet you with the BUCK WHEAT sound they make. So being here alone, when Brian is working is not gonna be a problem...I won't be scared with my Guineas around. Oh and my Taurus .45 on my side helps with my comfort level as well. hehehe ! Out here in the country a gun is a necessary thing. Snakes and anyone trying to break in will not be happy. WINK !

JOIN ME IN A CHAT
ON FACEBOOK

Jennifer Lambert

Anyone who has EVER raised Turkeys, Guineas or Chickens of these kind PLEASE lets chat !! Any help or advice would be appreciated !

Blessings From Thunder Ranch





























































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment